Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Marathon Training Goodness

As a high school cross country runner, running is in my blood. And for a long time, I've wanted to train for a marathon. With no kids and a part time job, it feels like a good time to accomplish this dream. Although, it's ALWAYS a good time to accomplish your dreams. That's Truth, Beauty, and Goodness all rolled into one.

It's been a while since I've taken running as seriously as I should, so I'm taking it easy. And I'm in no hurry. I don't want to take on more than I can chew. I don't want to run too far or too fast and overwhelm myself.

So today, I had the blessed opportunity to run down this breathtaking road:


I wasn't on it for long. And for most of the time cars were zoom-zooming past. But for just a moment it felt like time froze and it was me and the world. All I could see were trees. All I could feel was the sun on my face and the sweat trickling down my back. It was a surreal moment--like I had entered a fantasy all of my own. And it made me happy.


1 comment:

  1. That last paragraph is beautiful. I love your writing.

    ReplyDelete