Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Book Club=Truth, Beauty, and Good

I've accomplished one of my lifetime goals. I joined a book club. I don't know why it has taken me this long, but I am glad it has finally happened. 

I love reading and experiencing new stories and new ideas through literature. I can be sitting on my bed but feel like I'm traveling the world. I love it. I love the way books can shape who I am and help me think about the world in new ways. Books open my mind and expand my horizons.

This book club has taken the joy I get from reading one step further. It is so enjoyable to talk about why a book is so meaningful with other people that value literature. It's comforting to have friends agree with and understand why a book is so meaningful. I also loved hearing my friends insights. They pick up on things I never would have seen and that adds a whole extra layer of meaning and pleasure to a book. 

2 comments:

  1. You have done something I have wanted to do for years! Good for you. I would love to know what you are reading in Book Club. Do tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now we are reading Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain.

    ReplyDelete